is a small brick building that has severed many purposes through Weldon's History.
As a Town Hall, and Jail, a Town Band Practice Hall, A school, a Library and Meeting Hall for the Americal Legion.
As a Town Hall and Jail….According to The Roanoke News (local newspaper) the construction of the Town Hall was awarded in June 1893 and was described as being "an ornament to that portion of town, as well as a convenient place where the scales of justice may be evenly balanced, as the sinners are introduced to his Honor"
Upon taking a trip down the narrow rickety staircase to the bottom floor of the structure, one will find two extremely small rooms. One of the rooms served as the jail cell and the other as a bathroom for the prisoners. It is easy to imagine a group of drunkards spending the “morning after” in the tiny cubicle.